- A person centred approach to care
- Person centred care planning is about making the needs of the person in care the priority, to achieve the best possible outcomes. We carry out detailed assessments to ensure that the right level of care is always provided so that our service users can live with dignity.
- Dignity and respect
- Together with the Island Dignity Network, we are woking hard to raise the quality of local care services. Being treated with dignity is a basic human right, and we aim to be more than just an efficient care provider. We are compassionate and respectful of the people in our care.
- Over 26 years in the making
- Ryde House Group began in 1986 with two residential care homes: Ryde House and Ryde Cottage. From there the number of care homes has grown, and the quality of our service has increased to the high standards we offer today. We now provide residential care to nearly 100 people, as well as day services and respite care.
- It's a family affair
John and Miranda Clewley started Ryde House Group following careers in the National Health Services (NHS). During her time with the NHS, Miranda was a registered nurse and one of the first people in the country to open a residential care home based in the community. John is a qualified engineer and was the head of estates at the Isle of Wight Hospital. In 2005, they were joined by their son Adam who comes from a commercial property management background.